Pages

2/25/2013

interview

I was asked to arrive 15mn in advance, as usual i ended up 30mn early. I would normally walk around the block to relax a little, but considering the high heels, the high sun, and the fact there was just nothing around, i just waited in the lobby. I took my notes out, had a quick look again at my CV.

Then came this lovely Indian girl who came to seat behind me: "you're coming for an interview, right? good luck!" with a big smile.

I look down at my freshly polished shoes and check my hair, tightened in a ponytail. I laugh: "is it that obvious?!" I was expecting her to mention my look, the documents i was holding, my posture. Instead she just answered:

"Oh you know we've all been through this!" with a empathic but confident smile. "Good luck, just be yourself, it will be fine!". Then she left, leaving me with a sense of peace and confidence.

She wasn't wrong: I was myself, and it went fine. She made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment