Pages

2/19/2013

I am looking for a job

Looking for a job, disregarding the country you are trying your chance in, is generally a matter of numbers. So far i have the following:
- 110 applications sent
- 14 refusals/positions closed for whatever reasons
- 2 calls received, awainting potential interviews.
- 1 call placed - my bad, i am working on it.

To these you need to add the number of years of experience you have, your salary expectations, the dates of your availability, and to conclude, your phone number. The numbers are aligning, and I know that I still have much to do.

I spent the first weeks of the year finishing my license and reframing my profile. I slowly figure out who I am and what I want to sell, it's funny as much time this can take.

I answered "yes", you never know.
EDIT of the day after: i so have to add the following numbers to my list:
- 2: number of agencies that called today to say they would try to place my CV, but that it could need improvements
- 50%: the great discount they would give for their help because my profile is not lost cause after all
- USD 400: the average price for regular support packages to have someone re-write my CV, prepare a cover letter, and contact the top 200 companies around.
- USD 159: What they are ready to ask for, because i'm great with high potential
 
Note here the way your ego is surfing waves, "you suck but you're good but you suck so you need help", which is an easy way to hoook people desperately looking for openings and hoping to be called back. And to make this even more pathetic, this happened because i registered my CV on official job search websites that should be trustworthy. You know, well-designed website, credentials, well-known job platforms (not only talking local but also international), etc...Brilliant scam after all for those who cannot waste the chance to refuse a job opportunity. Pathetic.
 
Note that the words were already highlighted in the mail I received, apart from being underlined and bold.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment